Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's All Relative

I use Microsoft Vista on my notebook - an HP Pavilion.

I like the notebook, it's been a little more than a year and a half that I have been using it, and so fat, it has provided stellar service.

Here's the thing - I like Vista too. I'm aware that this makes me part (whole?) of a very minuscule minority, but I don't mind saying it. It's never crashed (so far), is pretty easy and intuitive to use, and has a host of features that I think make it better than XP.

Admittedly, I'm not a very technical user, so I may be missing some of the finer points - but isn't that the point? For a relatively basic user, this is just fine!

My point is - I don't think Vista is all THAT bad, and I don't think the Macs are all THAT good. The rest is all hype if you're a cynic, and all marketing if you're not.

Disclaimer: Not a Microsoft Stooge. Not by a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment